[FC] motor identification...thanks.

Andrew Sego andrew_sego at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 20:47:32 EST 2009

It might feel like it has more power because it has 3.89 instead of 3.27 or 3.55 gearing.  Cooling fans do get switched.  The oil cooler might be a clue, but those get switched too.  A more positive ID would head number.  You can also look for the 3 ribs cast into the side of the crankcase that indicate a 164 motor.  Either way, if it runs well, just enjoy it.