[FC] TIRE SIZE - HOW BIG CAN YOU GO?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Feb 11 15:53:38 EST 2009

On Feb 11, 2009, at 1:09 PM, Rod Murray wrote:

> Any thoughts on how big a wheel / tire can be installed on a
> 'brier?  The stock 195 / 14"'s I have now look plenty tight in the
> rear, but I have a friend who's added 205/14's, and have been told
> that 15"'s will fit - must require some offset...

Short answers:

  - We have 205/70-14 f and 225/70-14 r on ours.
  - Diameter has nothing to do with offset.  If you bought 17" wheels
with the same width and offset, with the same width and overall
diameter tires, they would fit exactly the same.

Long answer:

http://autoxer.skiblack.com/tires.html

--Bryan