[FC] One less Rampy

James Davis jld at wk.net
Thu Jul 23 12:06:03 EDT 2009

Generally the blocks without any code are "universal replacement
blocks".   There were short blocks available from GM but they usually
have some letters stamped on the block to indicate the cam installed.
The dealer rebuilding the engine was supposed to stamp the block with
the correct date and application, but few did.  Universal blocks will
fit any application from the 1960's with its strange oil pressure switch
location to the 1965 FC's and all car applications.   I purchased my
first one from Joe Burch of Dallas and the second one from Barry Owen of
Lexington, NC.  They are rare but unobtainable.
Jim Davis