[FC] 140 squealing

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Fri Jun 5 08:29:22 EDT 2009

I am still tracking down the squeal in my 140 rampy 4- speed. The latest possible culprit is the Input shaft bushing. It is entirely possible that I greased the new one with the same  wheel bearing grease that I used to remove the old bearing. I have since found out that grease will cause the metal to gall and possibly squeal. I will use my "stethoscope" ( neoprene gas hose) to try to locate the sounds' source.
Tim W '61 Rampy 140 4 sp.