[FC] Future FC Owner Questions

Henri van Wandelen henri88 at yahoo.com
Sat May 23 15:59:36 EDT 2009

We're happy with our '65 Monza 110/PG coupe but I hope to get either a Greenbrier or Rampside down the road.  May I ask you experts two basic questions about the FCs?  Although I'm in a local Corvair club, I don't know who drives what so I'll just ask you.

1)  How hard is it to lower and lift the ramp on a Rampside?  I've got strong arms but weak legs and I walk with crutches and I'm curious if dropping the ramp will be a big deal or nothing much to worry about.

2)  I've read that Greenbriers have troubles in cross winds.  Thanks, I know about the S-10 spoiler and we're very happy with the early Camaro front spoiler I put on our Monza.  When I met my wife, she had a '92 Dodge Caravan and I had an '86 Fiero.  I was concerned about being bored to death by her "soccer mom" mobile -- until I drove it.  I thought it was pretty comfortable and drove reasonably well, even being the base model with the small four-banger.  I just read that the length, weight, horsepower, and torque of her old van are all roughly comparable to the specs of a 110/PG Greenbrier, which is what I'd be looking for.

For those of you that have driven both Greenbriers and Dodge Caravans, how would you compare them?  Yes, I know that they're 30 years apart but I think you know what I mean.

Thanks,
Henri near Daytona Beach, Florida, USA
CORSA and Central Florida Corvairs
'65 Monza 110/PG Coupe