[FC] Future FC Owner Questions

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Sat May 23 17:55:39 EDT 2009

At 03:59 PM 5/23/2009, Henri van Wandelen wrote:

>For those of you that have driven both Greenbriers and Dodge
>Caravans, how would you compare them?

That's me, Henri.  I drove FCs daily until the first Caravans hit the
street, and I bought one.  (Well, in truth I bought a Plymouth
Voyager.)  I continued in Chrysler minivans, including the extended
length 6-cylinder models, until the PT Cruiser appeared, and I bought one.

Anyway, I still own and drive FCs.  But the only thing similar about
a Corvair truck and a Chrylser minivan is that you sit higher than in
a car, and you can carry a lot.

FCs are quirky, and generally, people either like the driving
dynamics or they don't.  They are indeed susceptible to crosswinds,
and this susceptibility is amplified or lessened by tire choices,
suspension condition, and alignment.

FCs happen to *fit* me perfectly -- I find the driving position to be
ideal, and I never get tired or sore behind the wheel.  But others
express the opposite, so I suggest a test-drive.

--Bob in NJ