[FC] Future FC Owner Sends His Thanks!

henri88 at yahoo.com henri88 at yahoo.com
Tue May 26 18:04:56 EDT 2009

Thanks, everybody, for your great advice.  What a fine and generous group FC and Corvair owners are.

I've learned:

1)  Of course I've actually gotta try a Rampside to know for sure and I'll have a chance soon.  If I can't easily lift the ramp, I've been given several good ideas on how to rig something up to do the job.  I'd just want to make sure that the next owner could remove my modification easily if they so chose.

2)  When would I use the ramp -- 10% to carry something and 90% to demonstrate a great American idea and to perhaps snare a new Rampside fan in the process.

3)  Handling -- a Greenbrier is different from our former Dodge Caravan -- rear engine vs. front drive = apples vs. bananas -- got it.  S-10 spoiler -- check.  Addco or similar anti-sway bars -- check.  Perhaps even lowering the front end with Mustang springs.

4)  FC owners are generous and ingenious!

Hope to see you at the Jacksonville convention and at the Corvanatics Group meeting on Tuesday.

Thanks, again,
Henri near Daytona Beach