[FC] Corvan rear heat

RAMPEYBOY at aol.com RAMPEYBOY at aol.com
Wed Oct 7 21:30:33 EDT 2009

Guys my 62 Corvan came with no provision for rear  seats, and no rear heat
vent. I assume the rear vent is supposed to be in the  vertical bulkhead of
the " kick up" at the third seat position. Mine is solid.  Upon inspecting
the heater box area above the transaxle, I see the fiberglass  box appears to
butt against the vertical bulkhead, and has a spongy rubber like  gasket
there. Could getting rear heat be as simple as cutting a hole in the
bulkhead, and putting a vent over the opening? Why would there be a rubber  gasket
there if the end of the box wasn't open? I plan to remove all of this
equipment to clean out the vents, and get the heater flaps working smoothly.  That
will answer the question for certain, in the meantime any info ya'll can
give will boost my excitement about getting rear heat! Thanks in advance!

Boyce