[FC] Corvan door hinges

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 18 23:41:20 EDT 2009

Andrew Sego wrote:

> I have a 63 Corvan that has straps welded to the hinge.  It allows the
> door to be open almost all the way, but they do no contact the rubber
> bumpers.  Now I'm wondering, is this stock, or has someone modified them?

This is the modification I mentioned, yes.  Very effective at keeping
the door away from the body, but probably puts added stress on the hinge
-- not Factory Stock -- I had them on the rear doors of a Corvan -- they
gave no trouble and really weren't very noticeable if you weren't
looking for them.

Picture available, if required (meaning I have to go out and take it vs.
already in the computer).

Bill Strickland