[FC] horn issue

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Tue Apr 20 12:59:33 EDT 2010

My '61 has had these 2 issues since i started driving it a year ago. The turn signals do not self- cancel, the horn does not work. I removed the steering wheel to see what iswrong and found that there was alot of rust underneath the horn button on the belvedere washer. I cleaned it up and then found the "w" - shaped detent spring and the plastic reddish detent washer lying in the bottom of the cup under the wheel. I removed those 2  pieces, reassembled the wheel and now the horn is "ON' all the time so i had to unplug it. The assy manual shows the blow - up of the turn signal but the placement of the detent spring and washer is not clear. Is there a better picture or diagram available?
Thanx Tim W '61 Rampy