[FC] Need help with the MuseumBrier

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Sun Apr 25 16:31:36 EDT 2010

If anybody is heading to the Virginia Vair Fair this
coming weekend in Leesburg, VA I need a little bit of
help. The MuseumBrier is still a work-in-process, but it
is getting closer to being complete. Today I rebuilt the
carbs and dialed them in. Now the van idles fine and I
took it for a spin around the neighborhood for good
measure. What I need is the passenger's side engine side
sealing flap retainer. Or whatever they call them! It is
the part that screws up to the body of the van and holds
the rubber side flap in place. Larry Claypool gave me a
pair of them, but the right side one doesn't line up with
the holes in the metal. Perhaps it is for a Lakewood or a
'62 wagon?? If anybody has one and can bring it to the
Vair Fair I would appreciate it. We may have a "tech
session" in the parking lot as well since the one-wire
alternator conversion isn't doing what it is supposed to
do yet. It might be a simple missing wire or something
like that. I'd like to get that sorted out before driving
the MuseumBrier from Bob Marlow's home in Annandale, NJ up
to the big VCCA show in Franklin Lakes, NJ over the
Memorial Day weekend.

Check out the May 2010 CORSA Communique when it gets to
your door as there might be a short article about the
MuseumBrier Tour in there! - Caveman Pete