[FC] 1964 Greenbrier Questions

jonathan whalen jwhalen12345 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 12:41:58 EDT 2010

Good Afternoon:  I've alway been curious about Forward Control vehicles and
see that a '64 Greenbrier has come up for sale close to where I live.
Here's the ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250677691927&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I sat in a Greenbrier Deluxe for the first time at the national convention
and like it a lot.  But I've never driven one or been a passanger in one.
What do they drive like (I own a '65 Corsa and '66 sedan and don't expect
them to handle like cars)?  How are the PG's...do they handle the weight of
the vehicle well?  If I check this van out, what common rust\mechanical
problem areas should I look at?  I'm assuming floorboard and rocker panel
rust are common problem areas.  Did the '64 Greenbriers come with the
updated EM suspension?  I like the colour of this van and wonder if it's
original.  Thanks for your time and any suggestions or comments would be
appreciated.  Thank you.