[FC] Now what?

Joel McGregor joelsplace at earthling.net
Mon Aug 9 14:16:22 EDT 2010

A fuel problem will act like it's running out of gas.  It will keep running a little if you pump the throttle assuming your accelerator pumps are working.  An ignition problem won't respond to throttle changes.  I have what sounds like the same problem with my '63 convertible but it doesn't happen often enough to troubleshoot.  If I drive it every day it might happen once a month.  It will quit running down the highway but usually restarts before I even come to a stop.  It's definately some type of spark problem.  Don't know if it's loss of power to the ignition or something wrong with the ignition.  Mine's had different coils and wires over the years and the problem hasn't changed at all.  I guess I need to wire in a test light I can see from the dash.
Joel McGregor