[FC] Now what?

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Mon Aug 9 16:42:53 EDT 2010

Despite my earlier message about things such as missing shrouds causing
cooked coils and vapor lock, I too have fallen victim to the coil giving
up once it got hot, only to work again when cooled, and I have had the
pleasure of having the coil simply die, period.  Once you have spent an
unplanned night sleeping in your Corvair on a rural road in cold weather
because the coil died, you add a coil to your road trip spares.

For short trips such as the trip Ben describes, I carry a AAA card like
Ben does.

--Bob Marlow