[FC] Now what?

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Mon Aug 9 14:20:20 EDT 2010

Respondents have been focusing on things that may be failing -- fuel,
ignition, whatnot -- but I want to look elsewhere.  I want to look at
the shrouds.

We had a guy in my local club who had an FC that would quit on him if he
drove it further than out of his small town.  Once it sat for an hour or
so, it would run again.  So he resigned himself to driving it only short
distances.

Once I got a look at it, I immediately saw the problem.  It was missing
a significant number of engine shroud pieces at the rear of the truck.
It was cooking itself.

Now, I don't know whether it was cooking the coil or boiling the fuel.
But with a complete set of shrouds, properly installed, it now runs
without interruption.

--Bob Marlow