[FC] Still stumped...Rampside still won't start

Ben and Lynn Stiles lbstiles at verizon.net
Tue Aug 17 22:06:37 EDT 2010

OK...replaced coil, plug wires (because one broke trying to change the
distributor cap), distributor cap, points, and condensor. Rampside still
won't start.

A buddy is coming over with proper trouble shooting equipment tomorrow
afternoon to get to the root of this problem. It may seem I am just
throwing new parts at this...and I am...but they all needed replaced
anyway. I don't think I have touched the ignition system in about 8 years.

Can anyone please let me know proper gap for the points?? We want to get
this right...

Also- I am guessing the next step is to check for power to the coil.
This problem must be a bit more complicated than just tune up parts.
Hopefully tomorrow we will have an answer.

Thanks much!!

Ben