[FC] Still stumped...Rampside still won't start

Ben's Bus bensbus at verizon.net
Wed Aug 18 18:46:15 EDT 2010

Well, the only thing my buddy could find today was definitely
strange...the positive wire to the coil's terminal was touching the
outer rim of the coil causing its own short. Once we got that ironed out
and repositioned some plug wires (not sure how this was incorrect as I
changed them over one at a time taking the old wire off and the new one
on directly in its spot) she started up.

I can't verify if this short was the initial cause for the abrupt
stalling the other day as I had replaced the coil...it might just have
been a fluke. He found it by realizing how hot that positive wire got
when the ignition switch was in the "on" position.

She fires up now. Hopefully I can take her for a test drive tomorrow
just to be sure all systems are go.

Ben