[FC] Winter storage

Ben and Lynn Stiles lbstiles at verizon.net
Thu Dec 23 16:16:34 EST 2010

Greetings FCers-

What are folks using to stabilize that false "fuel" in their tanks
called Ethanol?

In past winters, I have gotten the trucks out of the barn every two
weeks or so and idled them in the driveway so that things could move and
warm up and the battery could charge a bit. Worked (works) well, but...

There is a big puddle of water under the exhaust pipe when I am done
since Ethanol is mostly water. This will rot our fuel tanks, fuel lines,
mess with our fuel pumps, etc.

Is there a reliable additive that will help to keep things fresh? I have
tried to find ethanol-free gas locally, but those who sell it are
getting harder to find- and soon it will be impossible as new regulation
comes into play.

All this from a money-hungry giant of an industry that wants us to think
there is an oil shortage...and wants our old cars with real metal parts
off the roadways.

To them I say unceremoniously..."bah humbug!"

Ben