[FC] Alternator

Wild8bill at aol.com Wild8bill at aol.com
Mon Feb 22 22:11:35 EST 2010

Be careful if you get a one-wire from bay seller Larry's Corvair, they sold
 me a standard alternator and billed me for a high output one-wire. I was
pulling  my hair out trying to figure out why I couldn't get it to charge
correctly.  Exhaustive research and help from this message forum figured out
the problem. LS  Corvair said it was under warranty, but I had popped it open
to see if there was  a wire loose inside, voiding that. I'm sure they just
mistakenly picked the  wrong one off the shelf, but inspect your new
alternator before you get to  monkeying with it. I got it to work by digging my old
voltage regulator out of  the trash, so I basically ended up with a rebuilt
alternator instead of a  one-wire.

-do an internet search for one-wire conversions, there are all sorts of
wiring diagrams available showing you what to do with the regulator, or not to
 do.

Bill
Richmond CA

In a message dated 2/22/2010 5:30:55 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,