[FC] IOWA convention confusion

Ben and Lynn Stiles lbstiles at verizon.net
Sun Jan 3 13:46:03 EST 2010

Anyone on this list directly or indirectly associated with planning the 2010 International CORSA Convention?

Lynn is our family vacation planner. We are (were?) planning on attending the convention like we always do...enough to attend the Corvanatics meeting and People's Choice/Concours display, and autocross if it worked out. We were moving along really well on our verbal planning...incorporating parts of Route 66 (in the Greenbrier!!) and a stop in at Elkhart, IN, RV capital of the country for a time.

Well, we were stopped in our proverbial tracks when we realized by cross referencing the convention timeline with our plans that the Corvanatics meeting is on Tuesday evening, and the People's Choice car display is on Friday???????????? (Concours is on Tuesday.)

Why would the car displays be separated?? We try to make the convention part of our vacation...not our whole vacation. We always use it as a jumping off point to see a different part of the country, but we have never stayed a full week.

Any ideas on this? Looks like we won't be venturing to Iowa at all if the car display is really separated from the Concours.

Ben