[FC] rear turn signal woes

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 13 22:38:07 EST 2010

If the brake light comes on, the bulb and connection of bulb to socket "nub"
are OK.  For the fun of it, you could try switching bulbs - left to right -
but I suspect you will get the same results.

Also, if the RF flashes then it does not seem the problem would be the
switch.  If not the switch, then there is a break in the wire or a corroded
connector somewhere between the switch and the RR bulb.  It could be at the
socket - or anywhere forward from there.  Start testing at the rear (the
wire has a bad connection with the spring "nub" in the socket?) and then
pick test points forward until you get a flashing test light.  This will
help isolate where to look for a break or corrosion in the wire.
Later, JR