[FC] Fw: making ones' own brake lines

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Jan 18 21:50:47 EST 2010

Well, I don't claim to be a true craftsman, but I've found that good
tools make the difference between a job that's a chore and a
pleasure.  I couldn't turn out a consistent good double flare with the
cheap tools (I tried three), but with the Ridgid flare tool I easily
turned out four in a row that were *all* better than the merely
satisfactory flares I got with the cheap tools.  Good tools won't turn
a hack into a craftsman, but I think using cheap tools is often a path
to a less satisfying outcome.

--Bryan