[FC] Fw: making ones' own brake lines

Paul Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 18 22:00:31 EST 2010

Possibly by the time that you purchased the Rigid flare tool, you had
already honed your skills sufficiently to make a good flare.  I have found
that having a good tubing cutter is more important that the flaring tool
itself.  My flaring tool set is about 45 years old, and probably cost about
$4.00 back then, and still makes perfect flares.  Tube quality is another
important factor.. Not all tube is created equal..   I purchased it from
either JC Whitney or Honest Charlie........ Paul in CT