[FC] Engine Mount

dkdewald at pasty.net dkdewald at pasty.net
Wed Jan 20 22:18:00 EST 2010

Kenharri at comcast.net wrote :

> On a different matter, my rear motor mount is displaced to the right to the
> point where the top retainer disk nearly contacts the inside of the housing
> (about 1/2 inch off center?).  I am guessing that the bottom retainer has
> slipped or is not present.  Anyone have any experience with this?

Hello Ken,

I have not seen this problem, but it makes me think that you should check for a missing spacer on the transmission bracket.  There is supposed to be a spacer, approximately 3/8" thick, between the bracket (which suspends the transmission from the front transaxle mounts) and the right side of the transmission. I believe that this spacer is on the 1/2" bolt on that side--the other side has two 3/8" bolts. There should also be shims installed between the bracket and transmission to set the forward/aft position of the entire powertrain.  This adjustment sets the toe-in for the rear suspension alignment.  Please make sure that these parts are in place.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI