[FC] Sound Deadening

Jim Corey jcorey at escapees.com
Thu Jan 21 11:18:41 EST 2010

The West Marine foam is to go inside the engine compartment.  At, least, I
think that's how it's done on boats. I first learned of it on an RV forum
where a guy used it in the "doghouse" of his van-style motorhome.  Claimed
great success, both heat and noise.  But it IS expensive. As I said in an
earlier response, my Greenie is a work van.  No seats.  Can't have soft
goods on the floor or walls.  BTW, I hinged my engine cover, with a recessed
lift ring and a "stay up" support rod.  Works great.