[FC] Sound deadening material/modifications for quietness...

lonzovair at aol.com lonzovair at aol.com
Thu Jan 21 12:47:55 EST 2010

George,
Years ago there was a write up in the Corvanantics newsletter about a replacement engine mount rubber. It required a longer bolt. It was a "cut down" cab mount cushion for a 70's-80s C10. It was recommended for the powerglide equipt FCs, since they tend to "drum" a bit more than the manual shifters do....
I've never done the modification... and I'd have to figure out how far back the newsletter was (I want to say 1980s)... but if needed I can try to go through my stack and see if I can dig up the specifics... drop me a private note if anyone is interested.