[FC] Sound deadening material.

George gandbkoen at suddenlink.net
Thu Jan 21 09:45:08 EST 2010

The real criteria on sound deadening material is Weight.  Mass. The heavier
the better. Lead would be good, but impractical.  Heavy carpeting, Heavy
rubber foam, The heavier the better.
Just remembered, I talked with another Corvair enthusiast a couple years ago
at a convention, who owned a Decibel meter and had done a lot of in the
vehicle sound measuring.  He told me the best thig he did to lower the
inside the vehicle engine sound was the remove the rear engine motor mount.

He supported the rear of the engine with a floor jack. and the sound dropped
dramatically.  This tells me that the better (Softer?) mount you have the
better sound deadening.

George Koenig