[FC] A Greenbrier Recruit

larrvair at charter.net larrvair at charter.net
Tue Jun 1 20:35:37 EDT 2010

Travis, Welcome to the wonderful world of Corvairs, in particular Corvair 95's otherwise known at FC's (Forward Control). Welcome to Corvanatics as well! Hopefully I can be of some help because I was a friend of a previous owner of your Greenbrier- Lee Sharafinski. Lee passed away last year so I suspect that he may have been the last owner before yoiu.

One of your best resources would your local Corvair Club, in this case I'd guess that you might be in the Milwaukee area and that would mean checking out The Milwaukee Corvair Club ("www.milwaukeecorvairclub.com"). Check out the website and hook up with us. There many members that knew and worked on Lee's 'Brier over the years and you can probably get some history on your new ride. Lee was an engineer by trade and did alot of his own work. He drove the Greenbrier in many tours and to mant club events. I would expect that the mechanics would be fairly good but I do not know how long it was in storage before he became ill and eventually passed on.

The Milwaukee Corvair Club website has links to other relatively close clubs so if you aren't that close to Mikw. You might be close to a sister club.

I will add my enthusiastic recommendation to others here that have recommended checking out the brakes and doing the Hard-Harder test. It will confirm the entegrity of the brake lines. If you have any brake repair experience you will know what to look for, if not contact the local Corvair club to your present location and ask for some help. Corvair folks are the friendliest people!

Enjoy the Ride!
--
ALOHA!

Larry Fry