[FC] Need MuseumBrier table Suggestions

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Fri Mar 5 10:36:03 EST 2010

Group, The MuseumBrier project is moving along at
lightning speed! The powertrain has been re-installed and
it runs fine. My painter gave me an unbelievable
turn-around time on a two stage light gray and white
repaint of the van. I still need to install some exterior
bits and pieces, but I just got an offer from Cal Clark to
donate some of the needed parts for the cause. Not to
sound like a commercial, but Cal Clark is a great friend
of the Corvair hobby! Mike Emanuele sent me some white dog
dish hub caps that look mighty close to N.O.S. I am no
longer looking for chrome caps! Doug Musselman donated a
matched set of bench seats (3!) that have been recovered
in a black vinyl material. They look fantastic and I am
planning to install all three in the van. That brings me
to the question of this post. I would like to put a table
in the MuseumBrier. Any suggestions on what to use?
Anybody have one available? Originally I had planned to
haul a display Corvair engine in the back of the van.
Since my first stop on the tour is the Charlotte AutoFair
in about a month I am going to chicken out and trailer the
'Brier to North Carolina behind my "new" Chevy Silverado
tow vehicle. The display engine can now ride in the back
of the pickup. We at the CPF are still working out the
details, but it looks like the MuseumBrier display will
include the prototype Modular engine, the only remaining
1960 4 speed aluminum transmission, a one-of-one
Greenbrier styling model used for wind tunnel testing and
other assorted "stuff" as I get my act together.

As the season progresses and I get all of the Greenbrier's
systems working as designed I will drive it to several of
the tour stops. It should be interesting!! - Caveman Pete