[FC] Fuel tank sending unit -

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Thu Nov 4 06:47:52 EDT 2010

I have repaired a couple by taking them apart. one end of the resistor
sometimes comes electrically unconnected. that nichrome wire is hard to work
with. i was able to crimp it better and get steady readings. also the plastic
 retainer on the terminal at the top was loose , which should not enter
into the  problem , but might.  clean that brass post  , clean the outer edges
with a wire wheel , make sure you have a good ground wire on it.
check the resistor from one end to the other  before you re crimp it ,  and
from the arm lead to ground after re crimping it. i added a little pressure
 by bending (slightly!) the arm. it works fine now , and it was a ball of
rust.  go easy on those tabs , I soldered one of them to make sure of the
electrical connection. i guess i should have taken pictures....
regards, Tim Colson