[FC] intro

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Wed Nov 10 09:10:08 EST 2010

 Unless you have experience with differentials you will need to have someone put the snout in for you as the differential needs to be totally disassembled to put it in and then re-set up with all the clearances and tensions.. This might be a good time to rebuild the diff so as to prevent problems down the road. There are a couple of things to look for when apart. One, the spider gears and shaft for wear. Two, the pinion shaft for spline wear on the inside. Three, make sure the pinion gear is not loose on the pinion shaft. OK, there was three.

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com