[FC] Harrys truck

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Wed Nov 10 13:26:32 EST 2010

HarryThat looks like a good project Harry!!. For me the main thing on these old vehicles is that the truck is complete. Even if some of the parts are unuseable you will know how they go together if they are removed by yourself.Re:  that scraped bellhousing bolt. I took mine apart on my 110 Monza and found that the same bolt had been ground down by the flywheel very slowly slowly as it vibrated back out of place. Re: broken snout:It is just as well as you can replace that old cast one with a new machined snout when you re- assemble and you can install new seals & O- rings in the diff. as you go. I have dissassembled a couple of these, it is an interesting project, but I needed expert help when re- assembly time came.That is one clean ( inside anyway) engine. The shot of you after the pressure washing is funny!Tim werner