[FC] Clutch chatter revisited

Joel McGregor joelsplace at earthling.net
Tue Nov 23 17:16:30 EST 2010

My '63 car has no rubber in it at all and it doesn't chatter.  No rubber in the engine mounts or crossover to body.  It didn't chatter when it had all the stock rubber either.  That's just a comparison.  None of my FCs have chattered but I always use the heavy duty pressure plate and 9" disk from Clark's and bolt my flywheels.  I've had plenty of weirdness from tolerance stack up with the pivot ball and had cable issues but no chattering (that I can remember).  They will probably all start now...
Joel McGregor