[FC] Rampy electrics:- update

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 4 14:17:40 EDT 2010

It has been my experience that the internally regulated alternators don't
last as long as the externally regulated ones.  As they say, Your Mileage
May Vary.

I don't know for certain, but attribute this phenomenon to higher temps in
the engine compartment than in a water pumper.  Yes, I have an internal
regulated one in the rampy and carry a spare alternator behind the seat -
just in case.

Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110