[FC] Shims between Transmission And Front Engine Mount BracketQuestion!

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Mon Oct 11 11:09:14 EDT 2010

"...the Corvair uses a  proprietary shim that isn't available at an
alignment shop.  Best to bring  your own if you have them..."

True... standard shops, who  work on only newer cars, probably won't have
the shims.; I've previously ordered  the shims from Clarks. The shop I use
has the shims, as they specialize in  aligning everything from, say, a 1927
Rolls to a brand new Ferrari (no  kidding, I've seen both, and many others in
their shop); the proprietors have  owned Corvairs, themselves, for decades,
so, there, I tend  to take (Corvair) things for granted. If you are anywhere
near St.  Pete, FL, and need competent Corvair (or other foreign and/or
exotic) mechanical  or electrical work, this shop is where you need to go:
_http://jbimportauto.com/sites/jbauto/splash-page-home.asp_
(http://jbimportauto.com/sites/jbauto/splash-page-home.asp)

Mike Mauro