[FC] Wheel back Space

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Wed Oct 13 22:03:30 EDT 2010

Hello Gary,

At 07:34 10/13/2010 -0700, you wrote:
>The wife's Rampy is going into the local body shop for a refresh. The
>wheels are not all official FC wheels and one that is is bent. What sort
>of back space should I look for on new wheels? GMooreLawson MO

What type and diameter of wheels do you plan to install?  I would recommend
either a 14X6 (1" wider than stock) or 15X6 wheels with 3.5" of back space
to clear the front tie rod ends (it will still be close--check for fit
before you buy).  This will also give you pretty much the same offset as
the stock wheel.

Once you have chosen a wheel size, we can begin a new discussion on tires. <G>

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI