[FC] ongoing issue

wern3 at juno.com wern3 at juno.com
Tue Oct 19 12:31:55 EDT 2010

Guys
I am driving the Rampside every day fixing items that come up one at  a time. (Interesting job shimming out the rear latch on the ramp - lock). The red "Gen" light still comes on when below 2000 rpm, but occasionally, like last night after driving 3 miles it went out  while idling and the "Volts " needle stayed just above 14. I drove 2 more miles and it came back on and then reverted back to its strange habit of a bright glow at idle  and then slowly fading until it went out completely at 2000. Does this behavior perhaps indicate a bad voltage regulator?
Tim