[FC] FC Shifter Brace

Eric Kirven ultravan345 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 00:17:13 EDT 2010

Hi Geoff,

Any pictures?

Regards,
Eric
61 Ramp
64 Greenbrier

----- Original Message ----
From: Geoffrey Johnson <geoffj at unm.edu>
To: corvanatics at corvair.org
Sent: Mon, October 25, 2010 6:00:53 PM
Subject: [FC] FC Shifter Brace

I have never seen this problem myself but have heard about it -- FC's
popping out of gear.

Just finished the engine rebuild on my early '61 rampside, and it is
happily back on the road.  Yesterday my father gave
me a triangular bracket that bolts to the crossmember and braces against
the transmission crossmember via a large bolt.  I had never seen this
before, but a '61
van he has has the part on it.

Today I went to look at a '63 rampside for sale ( better judgement
prevailed and I did not buy it).  It was an early '63 and had the early
style shifter.  It did not have this part.

So I am wondering when was this added?

Thanks
Geoff Johnson
Albuquerque NM