[FC] FC Shifter Brace

Geoffrey Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Mon Oct 25 21:00:53 EDT 2010

I have never seen this problem myself but have heard about it -- FC's
popping out of gear.

Just finished the engine rebuild on my early '61 rampside, and it is
happily back on the road.   Yesterday my father gave
me a triangular bracket that bolts to the crossmember and braces against
the transmission crossmember via a large bolt.   I had never seen this
before, but a '61
van he has has the part on it.

Today I went to look at a '63 rampside for sale ( better judgement
prevailed and I did not buy it).   It was an early '63 and had the early
style shifter.   It did not have this part.

So I am wondering when was this added?

Thanks
Geoff Johnson
Albuquerque NM