[FC] FC Shifter Brace

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Tue Oct 26 15:37:17 EDT 2010

Chris & Bill Strickland wrote:
> the only place
> I've come across the "popping out of gear" feature is in the Clark's
> catalog, where they only "believe" they were used

But they are correct.  It was a running production change when customer
complaints began to arrive.  There exists a TSB about it -- I have a
copy 'somewhere.'

> My initial thoughts, Back When, were that they were for some sort of
> skid plate mounting to protect the shift and throttle linkage at the
> transmission, but, if they were important, why didn't the cars have them?

Because it was not anticipated that the cars would be used in
construction and off-road environments they way that a truck would be.

--Bob Marlow