[FC] FC Steering Column and Turn Signal Mechanism Differences

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sat Sep 11 21:24:46 EDT 2010

as i remember it (@30 years ago) i cut the top off a late column and brazed
 it to my 63 rampy column. i then changed the early "pyramid" plug to late
style  and plugged it together.this type also allows a 70's style sig lever
with cruise  switch built in...but this switch works smooth and gives no
trouble at all. it  is just one of many subtle mods i have made to my rampy ,
now to bring back the  detailed look again.
it is not that hard to do if you have everything there to do it. i used a
muffler cutter chain to cut the columns nice and square.  i am not sure i
took pictures of the job in process , it was back in 35mm film days.
most people dont notice this mod , and i forgot about it until you guys
mentioned it. bonus :a later car 4way flasher kit plugs in. i put the switch
in  the cigar lighter hole (spyder dash) so it looks almost like it belongs
there.
boy , Clark's show was great this year!!   i only took about 400  pictures
there , and some even came out ok.
thanks to ALL that helped put it on.they worked hard , and it paid  off.
regards, tim colson.

In a message dated 9/11/2010 12:32:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,