[FC] FC Steering Column and Turn Signal Mechanism Differences

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 21:29:57 EDT 2010

 There are some differences between the FC and car turn signal parts but they are very similar and even interchangeable with just a couple of little modifications. First the FC canceling cam lever hole is angled almost straight out, the car cam is angled to match the dish of the car steering wheel. The switch is the same with the mounting tabs different.

Now you CAN use a car assembly if you put the lever in and mark where it is tight then remove the lever and make a bend near the threads just outside the bowl diameter so the lever will miss the FC steering wheel. Then reinstall the lever so it is back where you marked it and wa la! you have car parts in your FC. OH, be sure and use a little blue loctite otherwise the lever will tend to loosen because of the bend in the lever. The switch can be taken apart and the mounting bracket changed and you have made a car part into an FC part.

Ken Hand
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com