[FC] Trans Question

Andy . rumbleseat66 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 13 18:52:42 EDT 2010

For what it's worth, Clarks #CU1627 (Used 1st gear, 64-65 FC) states 31 teeth.  It is one of the few gears they list the tooth count on.

Preaching to the choir I am sure, but you can also confirm 64-65 internals by making sure a 14 tooth spline input shaft mates up.  Surely you have input shafts laying around.

Speaking of NOS transmissions, I have a nearly NOS (<100 mile)  66-69 4-speed that I have had for years that I would be willing to part with if somebody could put it to good use.  Let me know.