[FC] Trans Question

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Mon Sep 13 22:30:01 EDT 2010

Ken,

>From the 64 shop manual, page 6D-3;

First gear now has 29 teeth instead of former 31, second has 26T in place of
28T.  Countergear hs 16T instead of former 15. Relocated idler gear teeth
increased from 14 to 17 (they may mean the reverse idler gear?).

Now the car has a new gear ratio of 3.20, 2.18, 1.44, 1.00 and 3.65R

However, the FC gear ratios 2.65, 2.35, 1.44, 1.00 and 3.66R (Same ratio as
the 62-63 4spd).

{The manual does not make a distinction between the car and FC in first
paragraph above. It sounds like the FC would have the old Tooth counts,

Keep in mind, there have been errors in both manual and P&A 30. However, the
above description is from the text, where we could reasonably assume they
are correct in describing changes.

>From the 1974? P&A 30, the clutch gear has 17 T in 64-65
And Countergear is 30T 27T 21T 14T 16T

And from Andy/Clarks...