[FC] Fuel pump

Jim Corey jcorey at escapees.com
Thu Sep 30 11:07:14 EDT 2010

The Federal-Mogul guy said they like no more than 2 feet from tank to pump
inlet.  But in 2 of my cars the fuel pump is mounted in the engine
compartment.  Same pump.  Have been fine for years.  So I don't think the
inlet-tank distance is too critical.  I'm more convinced that my problem is
electrical  --  weak ground and undersized wire feeding the pump.  I fixed
the ground yesterday, and will pull new wire today.  It's been too hot here
to work under cars!

JCorey