[FC] 61 Rampside Deluxe Value

Greg Shaw 65vair180 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 19 18:09:18 EDT 2011

  There is a Rampside Deluxe within striking distance of me. Pretty rusty with
automatic trans, I believe it's a 61. Besides the chrome bumpers (with bumper
guards on the front), chrome around the windshield, sun visors, tailgate
reflectors, and arm rests what else did the Deluxe have that the standard did
not?  The guy is asking $1000 for it. He calls it a parts truck. The reflectors
are shot, glass is good, rust at ramp door/tailgate bottom, dog legs are gone .
I told him I'd take the bumpers off and he could sell them separately as I want
the truck for a winter beater. I don't want a nice one to get rotted out here in
Michigan. He doesn't want to sell it in pieces. I could buy it and sell the
bumpers I suppose. What would you say the truck is worth?

Greg
Dearborn, MI