[FC] Tire question

Paul Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 3 23:31:32 EST 2011

I learned a long time ago that it is best not to take chances that someone
will know the idiosyncrasies of the Corvair, and I have always advised the
person the proper procedure along with giving them the service manuals.  I
don't expect the common mechanic to know everything about every car.
Whenever I have a Corvair aligned, I explain the correct procedure and
reference the service manual.  I also stay with the car to make sure that it
is done correctly.  There was one shop that I didn't have to do this with,
but they closed last year, so now I am using another shop for alignment
work.  As for expecting the shop to bear the cost of the tires, I think that
you are just daydreaming if you think that will happen.
Paul in CT