[FC] Best engine combo

Mike Clark mclark67 at charter.net
Sat Jan 1 17:14:18 EST 2011

Wow.  I'm really confused now.  All this talk about cams.  I really couldn't
say for sure all the driving conditions I will encounter.  I guess what I
was really asking, instead of what I could build, was what could I take from
this car and what could I take from that car, to have a generally good
performer for the most situations.  If I have to buy premium fuel, so be it.
I might even sneek in a sip of 100LL from time to time.

I appreciate all the responses.  What I get from it all is I need a 110
engine with 95 heads, 140 exhaust(or headers), stock size tires, and either
a 389 or a 355 diff; and I'll have a decent all-around truck I can tow and
haul reasonable loads with.  Reasonable being less than max capacity.  I
have a Suburban for the really big jobs.

Thanks again everyone.  Happy New Year.

Mike Clark
Stockbridge, Georgia