[FC] '61 Rampside conversion EXPLAINED (dont do it)

dennis dorogi dfamily at fairpoint.net
Sun Jan 9 11:38:31 EST 2011

I don't know about this.  I put a 164 cubic inch motor in my 63 rampside 4
speed with the correct front transmission (4 sp)  FC crossmember.  I took
the rear mount from a 64 Spyder.  The engine seems to fit OK, and I have
clearance to put on the belt.  The mounting bolt maybe at the end of the
slot in the rear mount but I seem to have enough room for the proper toe in.
I guess I was somehow lucky in my ingnorance.   Or was I?

Dennis D.