[FC] '61 Rampside conversion EXPLAINED (dont do it)

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sun Jan 9 10:46:22 EST 2011

"...you should always use an harmonic balancer.  The rear engine mount  for
the 61-63 cars with air conditioning and all 64 cars has room to
accommodate  this balancer (and room for the additional sheave to drive the air
conditioner.  61-63 FC's do NOT have sufficient length in the engine bay to
accomidate the extra length of this style engine mount.  It is necessary to
section 1.15" out of the rear structure of the FC in the engine bay to make
sufficient room to make it all fit..."

Not sure about the pre-64 FC, but this is how I did my 64 Greenbrier with
110 and AC:

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1040809096037639846zJUaqd

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1040809131037639846uZKONo

Mike Mauro